Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Under Pressure

That if, of course the song pinging through my head as of late. And fortunately I am old enough to think David Bowie, not Vanilla Ice, but that doesn’t mean that this is any less frustrating. It is of course not that far away from the end of the semester, I have mountainous piles of grading and students coming out of the woodwork. I of course do not know if I have a job next year, but I need to finish that last chapter of the dissertation. The house is a mess and I have laundry to do, but I have carved out a space on my couch because work always takes priority. Last weekend I was supposed to play some catch up and get ahead. But instead I was made a last minute trip to Illinois. Thankfully it was all for naught and everything is back to normal, but I didn’t get any work done. How could I when there were babies to play with. We got back on Monday night, just enough time for me to teach a few classes because we are off again Thursday for Boston and a conference. Why is it I ask that all cheap flights leave at some god forsaken time that I rarely see unless I stay up all night? So my this time tomorrow I will be in Boston, will maybe get some sightseeing in around the conference by the time I leave on Sunday. And the back to the grind and trying to finish the semester without jumping out my office window. Of course I am only on the second floor, so I would just break a leg and they would still be expecting me to grade finals. But I will post pictures when I get back, at least you have that to look forward to!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails