Monday, April 20, 2009

Smash Cake

Yes I know that it has been a long time since I posted, but I do have some good excuses. Right after Lilly's birthday party we all spent about a month in various statges of illness. First Lilly got the flu, then Jeff, then me. Then a cold made the rounds and just as we all got better it was off to Florida to meet The Mouse )don't worry I have a lot of pictures). We got back and I went into full on dissertation mode and I am glad to say it is all finally done and I will defend my dissertation Monday April 27th at 11am, yeah me. So we will be playing catch up for awhile, but don't worry it will be worth it.

We will start with the traditional give a baby a cake and laugh at the mess they make pictures. Miss Lilly's birthday actually fell on a Wednesday this year and we had her party on the following Saturday. But Jeff and I felt that we should still mark this celebration so we bought Lilly a "big cupcake" and let her out it after her dinner. She was a bit leery at first, but got the hang of the frosting thing pretty quickly.






And some fancy post processing.






And this as as messy as she got, you could have knocked me down with a feather, I though she would go hog wild, but no she was very dainty. At least she had fun.

Coming soon...First Birthday Pictures!

1 comment:

jen said...

Too funny. Emily's birthday fell during the week and with such a close holiday birthday we had celebrated her party 3 weeks earlier. We gave HER a cupcake on her big day, and it had RED frosting too. :) Too cute.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails