Saturday, May 30, 2009

Tori Spelling is totally copying me!

I finally got around to watching the season premiere of Tori and Dean tonight (hey I have a small child who really eats into my TV watching time!) (oh and I will defend watching this show in a sec). Anyhow, she called her little girl buggie and I totally shouted at the TV, “Copy Cat!!!” Because of course that is what I call Lilly. Now I have gotten a few strange looks from that one in public, but as they usually do, the nickname just developed. When we first brought bug home from the hospital all crinkly and new Jeff called her bug a boo. It stuck, at least for me, and that got shortened to bug and now buggie. Hey she even answers to it. So from me it is buggie or buggie bear and for some reason Jeff calls her boom-boom. Whatever, I think that we definitely need another kid soon who can take some of our focus off of buggie. I mean the girl is probably blinded from photos and videos and would like a break. Sometimes she will even take her toy and walk away from us to play by herself. Of course it will eventually send me into therapy, but I guess if she is going to be Miss Independent like I was I should get used to it now.

So anyhow, back to Tori and Dean. I started to watch this show like I started a lot of others in the past year and a half, in the middle of the night feeding and rocking a newborn. Or even in the middle of the day when my 2-4 month old would sleep contented in my arms for two hours, but wake right back up when you tried to lay her down. This had me stuck to the couch for hours on end. And at that time lifetime would run marathons of Tori and Dean because they were starting a new season. I was leery at first because all I knew of Tori Spelling was that she was on 90201. And I won’t lie I totally watched that show, to the end, even when they were in college. And she was never my favorite character. But surprisingly she was really funny, and she was real. Look I am not a sentimental touchy feely person, but when you are all sleep deprived and hormonal you tend to connect with other women in the same state. Tori’s little boy, at the time they filmed the show, was about the same age as bug (in reality he is a year older). So I was draw to someone going through the same issues. So what, I like her now. I even read her book, I am even going to go out and get the new one. I like her, even if she is trying to copy me, because who could blame her, I am cool. At least she is not like that J. Lo who got married the same day I did, and then got knocked up the same time, we even had the same due dates. Let’s face it J.Lo was just trying to steal my thunder.

*** I do not actually believe that Tori Spelling is copying me or J. Lo is trying to steal my thunder, these people do not know who I am. I am not crazy, just trying to be funny.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails